UCR stands for University of California, Rejects


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



School's started and when people tell you that your life stops once school starts they're not too wrong. Its only been the couple week of classes and already I'm so far behind with my reading, I've got tonnes of research to do and two weeks before my first deadline. I've also got a crazy black professor who has issued us with a 20 page research paper on global terrorism which has to cite at least 100 sources and gives head splitting lectures. So yeah, life at UCR is just peachy.

So anyway, here are some photos of the place where I get tortured 5 days a week, where the reward is a letter grade on a piece of paper and perhaps a letter of reccomendation from your professor if you're lucky.

This is the bell tower on campus - all UC campuses have one, so this is ours.

The UCR version of Melbourne Uni's South lawn - which no one really uses unlike South Lawn which is paved with first years during the warmer months.


This is the student commons which is like our union building - or a poor imitation of it anyway. It doesn't have much as its only a temporary thing while they build something better. In the meantime, this is the place where you get overcharged for school books and chocolate bars.


One of the main walkways into campus.


This is the main drag in this area, where disgusting guys in big, fat american pick-ups look you up and down as you walk - its gross. Anyway, you walk under the bridge and you get to campus.


The University Village is the best part of going to UCR and that's not really saying much. But I have nearly frequented every single food store in the place as its the only place within walking distance where one can 'hang out'. There's a movie theatre there too where I have lectures in 3 times a week. The chairs are so plush and velvety and also recline - I tested the comfort factor in one of my lectures when I fell asleep and Veronica took a photo.



These are the mountain ranges that surround the area and our school.


You can see our baseball field and other sporty things in this one.


Every UC campus has one of those big C's on the mountain behind them, except for UC Irvine which has no mountains so they just have it on a patch of grass. Apparently UCR's C is the biggest concrete letter in the state. Hurray for us!!




This is downtown Riverside. Bunch of offices, courthouses and the Mission. Not within walking distance, but there's not much to see anyway.



1 Responses to “UCR stands for University of California, Rejects”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Clare Clare Clare...

    SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE HAVING A BALL!!!

    As I sit here eating Mrs. Fields cookies (mmm, white chocolate macadamia), I am somewhat wishing I was there to cheer you up! Mind you, KMD misses you and when you get back, be sure to visit and come back to work! There is heaps of goss and I'm sure you'll want to hear it all. Especially when it involves people getting fired and people leaving with the whole store celebrating! No more hints!

    Will definitely come back for more up-to-date gossip if you can actually be bothered writing on here after two posts. Maybe do something fun like:

    NAME 10 THINGS THAT AUSSIES DO BETTER THAN THE YANKS!
    a) in relation to food
    b) in relation to people... etc. etc.

    I'm procrastinating from doing an essay, can you tell? I have to stop. Reply soon! =)

    From Normy... xoxo

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 




old days