It can be quite exciting working on the Hill sometimes. As part of our internship at Congressman Schiff's office, we get to go to House and Senate Committee hearings and see the big wigs do what they do best - talk. I always mean to bring my camera but I always forget but I do have some blurry shots.
My first Committee Hearing was of the House Foreign Affairs Committee where Former Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright testified against the proposed troop surge in Iraq. I got to sit two metres away from her which was very exciting. She's quite small...
Later on, I got to see Henry Kissinger and Madeleine Albright testify again, but this time it was in front of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.



Another buzz, was seeing Condoleeza Rice and Robert Gates (the new Defense Secretary). I jealous of Christina today because I found a hearing for her to go to and she got to see Bill Gates and Hillary Clinton. However, I got to see Nancy Pelosi (the Speaker of the House) instead.


These hearings with Condi can get quite interesting as there are usually protestors from CODEPINK who hold up signs, heckle and get quite agitated before they are escorted out by the Capitol Police. I even got on C-Span because I was sitting next to some.

This is a really blurry shot that I was trying to take of Jesse Jackson.

Apart from that, we get to see lots of Congressmen and women, and lots of Senators at these hearings. I got so excited when I saw Barack Obama, John Kerry and Ted Kennedy. I've also seen Joseph Biden a fair bit too.
This photo of Boxer and Kerry makes me laugh...

When Biden and Obama were pals...
0 Responses to “DC's Celebs”
Leave a Reply